Thursday, February 12, 2009

Tokyo to Bangkok and Onward to Chiang Mai

Our flight from Tokyo arrived in Bangkok about an hour early last night (11:00 p.m. vs. midnight). However, by the time we cleared immigration, collected our baggage, arranged for a van to transport us to the Christian Guest House, and our driver found the location, it was about 1:00 a.m. before we checked-in to our rooms for the night. And, what a short night it was! Most of my comrades reported being unable to sleep. I was fortunate. I got about three hours of sleep before I was awakened at 5:00 a.m. by the alarm. After a quick shower and shave, I was ready for 6:00 a.m. van ride back to the airport.

Here I sit awaiting my 10:00 a.m. flight to Chiang Mai. The photo above is of fellow passengers at Bangkok’s beautiful, new, world-class Suvarnabhumi International Airport waiting for their flights.